Friday, June 12, 2009

A Sourdugh Baguette

So I'm sittin here (the where is inconsequential) readin this really long and boring MCAT book (which honestly requires me to drink at least 2 cups of coffee before I start reading it) and its talkin about carbohydrates and what kind of path it takes inside your body (disgusting path).

So the paragraph starts out with "You purchase a sourdough baguette an tear off a hunk". I mean right of the bat, even before I reached the word hunk which I mean seriously, a. I always thought it was chunk and b. hunk sounds like somethin disgusting like that piece that you took off was infested with Swine Flu or somethin. Anyhoo, baguette?!? I had to check if this "Princeton Review" book was actually from America. I mean seriously, who the hell says baguette. Like who goes to the store and "purchases" and sourdough baguette. I mean I guess if you were going to purchase said item, it would have to be done in a classy sports coat/exquisite shirt combo with maybe a scarf even though its the summer and a one of those hats that hobo artists wear to look sophisticated. Oh and don't forget ze franch acceuntt (yeah that's how they say it in France, I would know cause I saw Rush Hour 3 which let me tell you was seriously the worst movie ever).

The moral of the story is:
Dear MCAT Biology writers,
The sentence should actually read:
"You bought some Wonder Bread and pounded it out in a solid 20 minute span."
Stop trying to be all high and mighty with your sophisticated terms like hunk and tear and get back to the roots.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment