Monday, June 8, 2009

Advertising: Its That Freakin Shininess!!!

Well I've noticed a very peculiar trend for the past oh lets say 20 years or so. As a consumer, I have found that I'm not really that smart (to be quite honest I'm not really that smart in general but thats another story). I have found that shiny, eye-catching "stuff" gets me ever dang time.

Take for example, Listerine: Total Care. Supposedly its does stuff like somethin somethin enamel and junk. To me, it tastes just like regular Listerine. But, the bottle was shiny so I bought it.

Sensodyne Pronamel was something else I purchased for way more than regular old Sensodyne (yeah I have sensative teeth, screw you). Turns out, it was packaged in one of the coolest boxes I have seen (yeah I kept it, wanna fight about it?)

My point is this. Shiny packages are awesome.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment