Thursday, June 4, 2009

Dragon Ball (Z has been dropped WTF?!?!)

So big news for DBZ fans like myself (everyone else, shove it). The Gods of the DBZ Universe have shined down on US, UK, and Japanese people (since apparently the video game industry cares little about anyone else) and have created 2!!!! (yes it deserves that many exclamation points) new games. Basically this means I'll be shellin out about $100 to get both of them. The low down is as follows (which I amassed by conducting laboring research (Wikipedia...)):

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast
PS3, XBox 360

Supposedly its going to be another freakin Tenkaichi type game (for those who don't understand, the game is basically Street Fighter except with DBZ people and a different camera angle). Seriously, do they have no imagination. I can already see what they game will be like. It will be just like the ones that came before it except now it will have better graphics, one more new playable character, and did I mention the fact that the head honchos in Japan decided "hey, I think we should get rid of the sweet Z that came after Dragon Ball which made the title that much more BAMF like but now sounds stupid (apparently its removed in order to insert the word Kai and due to the new TV show thats coming out which is just basically Dragon Ball Z minus all the stupid filler and powering up for god only knows how long)

Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo
Wii

I mean so this one looks pretty cool. The game follows the adventures of kid Goku (Dragon Ball series) and I mean thats kinda cool but I think adult Goku is a. more of a BAMF and b. why the hell would I want to fight as a little kid who can't even go Super Saiyin. The game is set up more of a beat em up go where ever you want type game which at least thats better then another regular fighter game.

So yeah basically:
Dear Gods of the DBZ Universe,
Stop making stupid Street Fighter-esque games and make more adventure games except I mean cmon, really? Did you have to make it with 5 year old still not potty trained Goku? I swear if the graphics suck on this Wii game so help me I will slap the hell out of all of you. I'm already pissed about the Z, so don't freakin push it.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment